Your Trusted Lansing Law Firm
Handling Personal Injury, Workers’ Comp, Social Security Disability & More
When you need a trusted attorney in Lansing or the nearby areas, turn to Bahrie Law. Since 1979, we have been helping clients with a range of legal needs, from personal injury litigation to workers’ compensation and Social Security disability claims to divorce and criminal law cases. We understand just how stressful it is to find yourself facing any legal matter—our team is here to ease your stress and guide you through the process of fighting for the best possible outcome.
We are proud to serve clients in Lansing and throughout Ingham, Eaton, and Clinton Counties. We offer free consultations to all prospective clients and provide our personal injury, workers’ compensation, and SSD services on a contingency fee basis, meaning we do not collect attorneys’ fees unless we secure compensation or benefits for you.
What to Do if You Were Injured in an Accident
If you were injured in any type of accident—whether a car crash, slip and fall, or workplace incident—you could be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and/or pain and suffering. Depending on the specific circumstances surrounding the accident, there are several important steps you should take to protect your health, well-being, and recovery.
If you were injured in an accident in Lansing or the nearby areas, be sure to do the following:
- Seek Medical Attention: The first thing you should always do after any accident is check yourself (and others, if applicable) for injuries. If necessary, call 911 and wait for paramedics and/or police to arrive. If you do not need emergency attention, be sure to see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. Even if you believe your injuries are not that serious or that they will heal on their own, it is important that you are checked out by a medical professional. Your doctor will be able to properly assess your injuries, diagnose any underlying injuries, and provide a treatment plan recommendation.
- Obtain the Information of Others Involved: If anyone else was involved in the accident, such as another motorist or a property owner, be sure to get their name, contact information (phone number, email, address, etc.), and insurance information. Additionally, if there were any witnesses who saw or heard what happened, talk to them if you can and get their name(s) and contact information as well. This can ultimately prove invaluable to your future claim.
- Document Everything: Whether you were sideswiped by a distracted driver, tripped and broke your leg because of unsafe conditions in a retail store, or fell to a lower level while on the job at a construction site, it is critical that you document everything you can about the accident. If possible, take pictures of the scene and/or your injuries with your cell phone. As soon as possible, write down everything you remember about the event. The sooner you do this, the better, as memories can quickly fade. You should also keep track of your doctor’s appointments, treatments, and any pain or complications you experience.
- Notify the Proper Authorities: If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident, you should report the crash to local law enforcement. You should also notify your insurance provider as soon as possible. Because Michigan is a no-fault state, you may be able to recover compensation through your insurance company. If you were injured on someone else’s property, inform the property owner or manager right away. If necessary, fill out an incident report. If you suffered a work-related injury or illness, you should inform your employer as soon as possible but no more than 90 days after the date of injury or the date on which the injury was discovered/reasonably could have been discovered.
- Contact an Attorney: If you believe you may have grounds for a personal injury claim or may be entitled to workers’ compensation, do not hesitate to contact an attorney right away. The same is true if your injuries leave you disabled and unable to return to work; you could be eligible for Social Security disability benefits, and an attorney can help you navigate this process. By working with a skilled legal team, you can not only improve your chances of a favorable outcome but also greatly reduce the stress and hassle involved in seeking fair compensation for your medical bills, lost income, pain, suffering, and other damages.
At Bahrie Law, we have spent more than 40 years fighting for the rights of injured individuals, workers, and the families of those wrongfully killed throughout Michigan. If you were injured in any type of accident in the Lansing-East Lansing Metropolitan Area, contact our attorneys for a free consultation.
Family & Criminal Law Cases
In addition to our personal injury, workers’ compensation, and Social Security disability practice, we represent clients in a range of complex family law and criminal defense matters. Whether you are going through a divorce, working to keep custody of your children, need a personal protection order, or have been arrested for DUI, drug possession, or disorderly conduct, our attorneys are here to help.
We understand just how stressful these situations are, which is why we prioritize consistent, reliable, and direct communication. When you work with our firm, you will be directly connected with your attorney at every stage of the process. We are ready to answer your questions and provide the advice you need to make informed decisions about your case, your future, and your life.
Get in Touch With Us Today to Learn More
If you need the help of a lawyer in Lansing or the surrounding areas, call Bahrie Law today. We are proud to be one of Michigan’s leading law firms, offering comprehensive representation for all personal injury, workers’ compensation, SSD, family law, and criminal defense matters. We are aggressive when it comes to protecting our clients’ rights and are committed to finding innovative, individualized legal strategies tailored to each individual’s unique needs, concerns, and goals.
$1,775,000Wrongful Death In Jail
The client had swallowed windshield-wiper fluid but police reportedly thought he was drunk. Case settled in with one defendant and went to trial with the other
The driver likely was not paying attention to the road as he ran a stop sign and failed to yield before crossing an intersection and crashed into a large tree. The client underwent 3 shoulder surgeries. The case settled at mediation.
The at-fault driver ran a stop sign and collided with a vehicle in which the client—who was pregnant with a 22-week old unborn child—was a passenger.
Thank you Justin Bahrie and your entire law firm
“I will be recommending them to all my friends and family not just for disability but any other things that come up in life great people to work with.”
- Darrell R.
I would completely trust this law firm.
“Even when I had doubts, he took the time to patiently explain things to me, which really helped reduce my stress. I am really glad that I listened to his counsel, and followed his advice. He definitely knows his stuff.”
- Rachael J.
This by far has been a great experience
“If you're not sure whom to choose as your attorney, please give Bahrie Law a chance to win your case!!! They are just awesome!!!”
- Raquel A.
Thank You Bahrie Law!
“Justin Bahrie made me feel confident that I would be well-represented through a very trying time and was successful in getting me a positive ruling in my case.”
- Lyle W.
I highly recommend Bahrie Law!
“Justin made me feel at ease from the beginning. He is knowledgeable and fair. His guidance and experience were extremely helpful in a very difficult time.”
- Katie E.