Mt. Pleasant Law Firm
Personal Injury, Workers’ Comp & SSD Attorneys in Isabella County
Since 1979, Bahrie Law has been representing individuals and families throughout Michigan in all types of personal injury, workers’ compensation and Social Security disability matters. We are committed to providing every single one of our clients with the personal attention, compassionate counsel, and aggressive advocacy they deserve.
From our office in Lansing, we serve clients in Mt. Pleasant and throughout Isabella County, offering the skill, experience, and resources of a large, well-established firm, coupled with a level of care you can only find at a boutique law office. If you or someone you love was injured in an accident, if your workers’ compensation or SSD claim was denied, turn to Bahrie Law today to learn how we can help.
Do You Have Grounds for a Personal Injury Claim?
To file a personal injury lawsuit (also known as a “third-party claim”) against another party, you will typically need to prove that the defendant was somehow at fault for your injuries and resulting damages.
Specifically, you will need to prove the following elements:
- Another person, company, or entity (the “defendant”) owed you a duty of care
- The defendant breached the duty of care (usually through a negligent act or omission)
- The defendant’s negligent or wrongful conduct was the cause of your injuries/damages
- You suffered measurable economic and/or non-economic damages
Often, filing a third-party claim is not the first step after an accident or injury. For example, if you were involved in a car crash, your first step would be to seek compensation for your medical bills and other damages through your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage offered through your auto insurance provider. Only in certain circumstances, specifically when you suffer damages in excess of what is available through your PIP coverage, can you bring a claim against an at-fault driver or another party.
If you have questions about your potential personal injury case, please do not hesitate to contact our Mt. Pleasant personal injury lawyers at Bahrie Law. We are happy to meet with you in person or by phone/video conferencing to discuss the specifics of your situation. We offer completely free consultations and provide our personal injury services on a contingency fee basis, meaning you owe nothing unless we recover compensation for you.
What to Do If You Are Injured at Work
In Michigan, most employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. This means that if you are injured at work—or suffer any type of work-related injury or illness—you are likely covered.
There are several important things you should do after a work-related accident or injury:
- Get Medical Attention: You should make sure you receive medical attention right away. If necessary, call 911; if not, go to the doctor right away.
- Notify Your Employer: You should inform your employer about the work-related injury immediately but no later than 90 days from the date of the injury.
- Follow Your Doctor’s Orders: Make sure you follow all your doctor’s treatments and recommendations, including refraining from working if instructed to rest.
- Return to Light-Duty Work: Once your doctor clears you for light-duty work, you should return to work at whatever capacity your doctor recommends.
- Contact an Attorney: If you experience any issues with filing your workers’ compensation claim or receiving your benefits, contact our Mt. Pleasant workers’ compensation lawyers.
Your employer should begin the workers’ compensation process on your behalf, but if you are facing any issues—from your employer failing to file the appropriate forms to their insurance company disputing your injuries to your benefits being terminated early—do not wait to get in touch with our team. The sooner we can begin working on your case, the better your chances of recovering the rightful benefits you are owed.
Why Choose Bahrie Law?
When you are up against any legal challenge—you need a dedicated legal team you can trust. At Bahrie Law, we know that the future can seem uncertain, but with our Mt. Pleasant attorneys on your side, you can have peace of mind knowing that we will do everything possible to achieve a favorable outcome.
We bring more than 40 years of legal experience to every case, and we are intimately familiar with state and federal laws, as well as the local court system in Isabella County and the nearby areas. We are proud to have earned a reputation for compassionate, client-focused service and aggressive representation that gets results. Our attorneys have successfully recovered millions in compensation on behalf of our personal injury, workers’ compensation, and Social Security disability clients.
If you need an attorney you can count on, call Bahrie Law at 888-473-1289. Your initial consultation is free!