Serving Wayne County Since 1979
For more than 40 years, Bahrie Law has been representing individual clients and families throughout the state of Michigan. From our office in Livonia, we proudly fight for clients in Canton and the surrounding areas, working to protect their rights and best interests.
Our areas of focus include:
- Personal injury law
- Workers’ compensation law
- Social Security disability (SSD) law
We also represent clients in complex cases involving:
- Child custody/support
- Domestic abuse
- Criminal defense
- Estate planning
Whether you were injured in a serious motor vehicle accident, suffered a debilitating work-related illness, or are facing a contested divorce or criminal charge, our Canton attorneys are ready to fight for you. We offer free initial consultations to all prospective clients and provide our personal injury, workers’ compensation, and SSD services on a contingency fee basis.
What Should You Do If You Are Injured in an Accident?
After any type of accident or injury, there are some things you should do right away to protect your health, safety, and well-being:
- First and foremost, seek medical attention. If you (or anyone else involved in the accident) appears severely injured, call 911 or go to the emergency room immediately. If your injuries are relatively minor or do not require emergency attention, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. Remember, the shock of the accident may initially mask the severity of your injuries; you should always see a medical professional and receive a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Next, if possible, exchange information with the other people/parties involved in the accident and notify the proper authorities. If you were involved in a car crash, this means getting the other driver’s insurance and contact information and calling the police to report the accident. If you were injured in a retail store, this means notifying the store manager or property owner of the accident and obtaining their information.
- You should also avoid saying anything that could be construed as admitting fault. Even something as simple as apologizing after an accident could be used against you later if you file a personal injury claim. The insurance company could argue that your instinctive “I’m sorry” was an admission of fault and proof of your negligence. Additionally, you should avoid downplaying your injuries. Do not make any statements along the lines of “I’m okay,” or “it’s not that bad,” as these types of statements can be taken out of context and used against you.
- Lastly, regardless of the type of accident you have been involved in or the nature of your injuries, you should consider hiring an attorney. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you with every aspect of your claim, from the initial filing process to negotiating with insurance companies to handling disputes and representing you in court. At Bahrie Law, we do not collect any fees unless we recover compensation for our clients; our fees are paid via a pre-agreed percentage of the total recovery.
There are different processes for seeking compensation after different types of accidents. For example, the Michigan no-fault car accident system is much different than the processes involved in filing a premises liability or medical malpractice claim.
Our Canton personal injury lawyers are well-versed in all aspects of the law and are familiar with the local court systems. If you would like to discuss the specifics of your case with a member of our team, please do not hesitate to contact us and request a free consultation.
Why Choose Our Firm?
When you are working to recover the compensation or benefits you are owed, navigating a difficult legal family matter, or facing criminal charges that threaten your reputation and your very future, you want a legal team you can trust. Your attorney should be someone you can rely on for answers, advice, and consistent updates.
At Bahrie Law, we strive to be just that.
When you choose our firm, you benefit from our:
- 40+ years of experience
- Reputation for success
- Experience with the local court systems
- Compassionate yet aggressive approach
- Commitment to personal attention, communication, and individualized legal strategies
We offer the resources and experience of a large firm, along with the attention to detail and customer service of a boutique law office. When you work with Bahrie Law, you will be connected directly with your attorney throughout the process. Your legal team will remain consistently available and accessible to you from start to finish.
Get in Touch with Us to Learn How We Can Help
If you are facing a legal challenge and would like to learn how our Canton attorneys can help, please do not hesitate to contact Bahrie Law today. Your initial consultation is free and there is no obligation or risk in speaking to our team about your legal needs.
We have multiple offices located throughout Michigan and can meet with you in person or via phone/video conferencing for your convenience. Reach out to us today to learn more!
Thank you Justin Bahrie and your entire law firm- Darrell R.
I would completely trust this law firm.- Rachael J.
Would strongly recommend him to any prospective clients- Dave H.
Choose Bahrie Law- Nette W.
This by far has been a great experience- Raquel A.
$1,775,000 Wrongful Death In Jail
The client had swallowed windshield-wiper fluid but police reportedly thought he was drunk. Case settled in with one defendant and went to trial with the other
$550,000 Auto Accident
The driver likely was not paying attention to the road as he ran a stop sign and failed to yield before crossing an intersection and crashed into a large tree. The client underwent 3 shoulder surgeries. The case settled at mediation.
$415,000 Auto accident
$328,494 Worker's Compensation
$300,000 Auto Accident
The client was driving in a residential neighborhood when Defendant accelerated out of her driveway in reverse and collided with the client’s vehicle.
$300,000 Auto Accident
The at-fault driver ran a stop sign and collided with a vehicle in which the client—who was pregnant with a 22-week old unborn child—was a passenger.
$255,000 Car Accident
$250,000 Auto Accident
The client was a passenger in a single-vehicle rollover accident caused by an intoxicated driver. The client injured her neck requiring surgery but made a good recovery post-surgery.
$180,000 Workers' Compensation
$163,000 Workers' Compensation