Serving All of Genesee County
Finding the right attorney can feel like a daunting task. You want a legal team that will not only fight for your rights but also provide the level of personal attention, care, and service you deserve. At Bahrie Law, we are committed to doing just that.
From our office in Lansing, we represent clients in Flint and the surrounding areas in a variety of legal matters, including:
- Personal injury
- Workers’ compensation
- Social Security disability
- Divorce and family law
- Criminal defense
- Estate planning and probate
We dedicate a significant portion of our practice to complex personal injury, workers’ comp, and SSD claims issues and are happy to discuss the specifics of your situation during a free initial consultation. With more than 40 years of experience, our firm is prepared to provide the professional guidance and individualized support you need.
Call (800) 785-9924 or fill out and submit a free online case evaluation form today to request your complimentary consultation.
Steps to Take After an Accident
If you were injured in any type of accident—whether a car or motorcycle crash, a slip and fall, or surgical error—there are certain steps you should take right away to protect your rights and your ability to recover compensation.
To the best of your ability, be sure to do the following after the accident:
- Call 911: If you or anyone else is severely injured, call 911 and wait for paramedics and/or law enforcement to arrive. Your health is of the utmost importance; never brush off injuries as “not that serious” or refuse medical attention at the scene.
- Report the Accident: Depending on whether you were injured in a traffic accident, on someone else’s property, or due to medical negligence, there are different steps to reporting the accident. However, you should always notify the proper authorities.
- Exchange Information: If possible, you should exchange information with the others involved in the accident (or potentially liable parties) at the scene. Get the name, contact information, and insurance information of the other driver(s), property owner, hospital, etc.
- Document Everything: It is a good idea to document everything you can in the immediate aftermath of the accident. Take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the dangerous conditions, the site of the accident, etc., and record your medical appointments and complications.
- Follow Your Doctor’s Instructions: You should ALWAYS seek medical attention if you are injured, even if your injuries seem mild. You should also always follow all your doctor’s instructions, recommendations, and treatment plans.
- Reach out to an Attorney: If you need help filing a claim or are unsure of how to proceed after the accident, our Flint personal injury lawyers at Bahrie Law can help. Contact us today to request a free, no-obligation consultation.
Different laws dictate the various legal processes following different types of accidents. For example, if you were injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to file a claim with your own insurance provider and seek compensation through your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. If you were hurt due to dangerous conditions or hazards on someone else’s property, you could have grounds for a premises liability claim. If you believe you were the victim of substandard medical treatment, you may be able to bring a lawsuit against the medical provider that failed to uphold the standard of care.
What Compensation Is Available to Accident Victims?
The exact damages you will be able to recover will depend on the specific circumstances of your case.
However, many personal injury claimants recover compensation for the following losses:
- Emergency medical care
- Medical treatments, such as surgery
- Rehabilitation/physical therapy
- Medications and medical equipment, including wheelchairs
- Ongoing and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income/wages
- Lost future earnings and other employment benefits
- Lost earning capacity (disability)
- Counseling services/therapy
- Mental health disorders, such as anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- In-home care services and home modifications
You may be entitled to compensation for both economic and non-economic damages, meaning those that have a specific monetary value and those that are more intangible in nature. Our Flint personal injury attorneys can go over the details of your case with you during a free initial consultation and can provide greater clarity as to what types of damages you may be able to recover, as well as the potential value of your case.
Fighting for Our Clients Since 1979
Whether you suffered debilitating injuries due to someone else’s negligent or wrongful conduct, had your workers’ compensation or Social Security disability claim denied, are fighting to keep custody of your child, or have been accused of a serious crime, you can trust Bahrie Law to fight for you. We know how stressful this time is in your life, and we are committed to lifting some of the burden from your shoulders.
We provide the experience, resources, and skill of a large, locally known and respected firm, coupled with the personal attention, care, and support of a boutique law office. When you choose Bahrie Law, you can rest assured that you will receive direct, consistent communication from your attorney. We know that no two cases are identical, which is why we customize legal strategies to meet the needs, concerns, and goals of every unique client. Throughout the process, we will remain available to answer your questions and provide the guidance you need to move forward.
Get in touch with us today at (800) 785-9924 to discuss your case with an attorney in Flint for free.
Settlements & Verdicts
$1,775,000Wrongful Death In Jail
The client had swallowed windshield-wiper fluid but police reportedly thought he was drunk. Case settled in with one defendant and went to trial with the other
The driver likely was not paying attention to the road as he ran a stop sign and failed to yield before crossing an intersection and crashed into a large tree. The client underwent 3 shoulder surgeries. The case settled at mediation.
The at-fault driver ran a stop sign and collided with a vehicle in which the client—who was pregnant with a 22-week old unborn child—was a passenger.
Hear it From Our Clients
Thank you Justin Bahrie and your entire law firm
“I will be recommending them to all my friends and family not just for disability but any other things that come up in life great people to work with.”
- Darrell R.
I would completely trust this law firm.
“Even when I had doubts, he took the time to patiently explain things to me, which really helped reduce my stress. I am really glad that I listened to his counsel, and followed his advice. He definitely knows his stuff.”
- Rachael J.
This by far has been a great experience
“If you're not sure whom to choose as your attorney, please give Bahrie Law a chance to win your case!!! They are just awesome!!!”
- Raquel A.
Thank You Bahrie Law!
“Justin Bahrie made me feel confident that I would be well-represented through a very trying time and was successful in getting me a positive ruling in my case.”
- Lyle W.
I highly recommend Bahrie Law!
“Justin made me feel at ease from the beginning. He is knowledgeable and fair. His guidance and experience were extremely helpful in a very difficult time.”
- Katie E.